Posted Thu., Mar. 15
The AHA’s BLS Course provides the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. This class will be held on March 31, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Reflecting science and education in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC, this course teaches basic life support skills with a focus on high-quality CPR, improvement of chest compression fraction.
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to
• Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
• Describe all the steps of the Chain of Survival
• Apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
• Describe the importance of early use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
Cost is $35 per person for new students, $15 per person for returning student.
Lunch will be available in the galley for an additional cost.